The Kazarite tribe is one of the player-controlled tribes in "Another Civilization Forum Game." It is controlled by mitobox.
This tribe inhabits a cold, foggy area of land to the northwest. They are "led" by a mysterious shaman named Kazar, who most followed there out of mere curiosity. Scouts soon discovered that the lake to the south is rich in resources, including rainbow-colored fish, but also an island hosting a dangerous plant. The Gloom, as it is called, lures in victims with its yellow fruits, which disorient any who consume them, allowing them to be ensnared by the Gloom's roots. This island also hosts a dungeon.
The Kazarites have built a village near the lake, but a failed dungeon raid led to the spread of Piercingitis, a vampiric disease originating from a vampire in the dungeon's overgrown second floor. The Kazarites were initially unprepared to deal with this new threat, but gathering the Grawlic plant, whose strong-smelling bulbs have an adverse effect on vampires, gave them a chance to protect themselves. However, the vampires' thralls sabotaged efforts to grow Grawlic outside the forest.
Kirala assembled a group of Kazarites to hunt down the infiltrating vampires, in a bid to free their thralls. However, they only succeeded in killing recently-turned vampires that were of relatively little threat, and the fact that vampire cadavers rapidly decay into ashes made it clear that several innocents had also been killed. To put the deceased to rest, as well as to avert mounting animosity towards Kirala and her group, Kazar ordered for a simple graveyard, with logs as headstones, to be established. The graveyard succeeded in not only appeasing the tribe, but also threw a wrench in the vampires' plans; playing dead was rendered infeasible due to the practice of burial, while graveyard guards prevented the vampires from reanimating the corpses into a fighting force.
Bows were devised as a more sophisticated weapon than sharper sticks, but the resulting bows were fragile. Overconfident Kazarites would find themselves not quite as advantaged against vampires as they had thought. Meanwhile, Kazar himself sought to facilitate advancement in the arcane by teaching a few other Kazarites in the shamanic arts, possibly to balance out further reckless use of technology. With his apprentices, he established a contract with the bugs, allowing magic-adept Kazarites to use them for reconnaissance. Just afterward, the design of the bows was finally improved, stringed with strong, yet flexible Gloom vines.
- Kazar (♂): The tribe's de facto leader, an elderly shaman.
- Kirala (♀): One of the tribe's scouts, who later participated in the first dungeon raid. Eventually led a group of vampire hunters.
- Nozzik (♂): A young hunter who had sprained his ankle while living on his own, only to have it healed by a passing Kazar in little time. He then followed him out of curiosity, later being recruited as an assistant shaman.
- Gadof (♂): Strong, but usually quiet, he served as one of the Gloom Island scouts. If it weren't for his alerting shout and quick use of a fireball, the whole group would have been ensnared by a Gloom tree. This event made Kazar see his potential, leading to him being recruited as an assistant shaman.
- Nichun (♂): Began as a young, male (unusual) gatherer, with a meek personality due to the death of his mother. Kazar saw promise in him, and recruited him as an assistant shaman.
- Firoli (♀): An introverted girl with a habit of staring off into space, as if zoning out. Was recruited as an assistant shaman by Kazar.
Scouts, Warriors, etc.
- Rorkuk (♂): A young, somewhat brash hunter. Reported Meltem's disappearance and found message to Kazar. Later brainstormed the invention of bows with Merlak.
- Frich (♂): An experienced hunter, with a good understanding of survival strategies. A participant in the first dungeon raid. Was the (unnamed) warrior to relay Kazar's graveyard suggestion to Nichun.
- Merlak (♂): POV of the Gloom Island story. Alongside Rorkuk, one of the minds behind the Kazarites' first bows.
- Koel (♂): Young and impatient. Was the first Kazarite to eat Gloom fruit.
Other Spiecine Althio
- Meltem (♂): Left a crude message in his hut (directed towards "[his] fellow Kazarians") saying dubious claims, such as that vampires are harmless.